Potions, lotions, creams, scrubs, peels, lifts, and even surgical procedures – there is no treatment untried, no amount of money spared in the search for the secret to lasting beauty. BUT, when it comes to looking your radiant best, there is one thing that outperforms all others in making you look and feel a million dollars – SLEEP.
Study after study shows that sleep is the number one when it comes to looking younger, healthier and fresher, and sleep works on the inside as well as the outside, it’s the time when cell regeneration and rejuvenation takes place. Here at Gx Pillows we know all about the importance of sleep and cell recovery, it’s why the Company was founded originally, and you can read more about it here.
We’ve put together a short six-point list of the beauty benefits of getting enough sleep. The soft but supportive Gx Suspension Pillow is the perfect sleep partner, cradling your head and neck in perfect comfort to help ensure you sleep soundly through the night.
- One of the first things we notice about sleep deprived people is their ‘tired eyes’. Bags, dark circles, heavy lids and a general lack of sparkle are an instant give away. Get enough sleep and you’ll wake up with brighter eyes and less puffiness, keep well hydrated and use a Gx Suspension Pillow to keep your head slightly elevated and you’ll reduce the swelling.
- Many of the modern anti-aging creams contain collagen which is the molecule that occurs naturally in the body to hold things together and keep everything firm. As we age our body’s production decreases but there is little scientific evidence to support the skin’s ability to absorb collagen from creams. It is well known that we produce collagen when we sleep, however, so save money on expensive creams and make sure you get enough sleep.
- Blood flow to the skin increases when we sleep so getting enough sleep ensures you wake up with skin glowing. Conversely if you don’t sleep well that blood flow is restricted leading to a drab, grey, lifeless complexion and pooling of blood around the eyes giving those tell-tale dark circles we all dread.
- Bizarrely, sleep deprivation can actually make you look unhappy. Two other critical areas of the face can suffer from a lack of shut-eye; the mouth can droop at the corners and the brow can line and furrow to look like a frown, so as well as feeling down you end up looking down. A simple change of pillow to help you get off to sleep easier and stay asleep longer can actually put the smile back on your face.
- Sleep time is repair time. Sun, cigarette smoke, free radicals from the environment – there are numerous agents that actively damage your skin during the day. While you are sleeping your body produces more growth hormones which repair damaged cells, this happens particularly in the deeper phases of sleep so uninterrupted sleep is the best type. A Gx Suspension Pillow holds its shape longer than a conventional pillow so there is less chance of waking in the night.
What we’re saying is that of all the things you do that add up to your beauty routine the most effective is a good night’s sleep. The next time you are looking to splash out on some expensive magic skin treatment why not spend a few pounds on a Gx Suspension Pillow. We’re confident you’ll get a better night’s sleep and wake up refreshed, rejuvenated and feeling more beautiful.